Saturday, March 20, 2010

Tribute to Duke

Today was a very sad day. Duke had something happen to him. We think it may have been a stroke. He was laying in the doorway and couldn't get up for a long time. He would respond to us and try to get up, but he couldn't put any weight on his back legs. He has been having seizures more frequently and I don't know if he had one this morning or not. But he was in bad shape. Mark came home from work and couldn't get him up either. Mark called the vet and he said that things didn't look good. After a lot of crying and discussion, Mark and I decided that it wasn't fair to let him suffer anymore. Mark carried him out to the car and left. A while later, he came back...alone. We have cried so many tears today! He was our little buddy. He took up most of the bed, ate things he wasn't supposed to and was always under your feet, but he was the most loving dog we have ever known. We will miss him terribly! We love you Duke!
He was always there beside you to be your little buddy! He wanted to be right with you!He loved going camping! He thought it was so great to be outdoors while people were with him!
Liked to play in the water too. Loved to get cooled off after a long hike or playing fetch.

Duke was always so interested in Paityn. He would come with me to her room whenever she woke from a nap, and he would get up with me at night when she would wake up. What a good dog!



















6 comments:

  1. The day we put Oscar down I cried pretty much the whole day. And that day after that. I told Alex that it would be a very long time before we got another dog because you just can't replace a good friend like that. But Tate kept asking when we were going to get another Oscar. I finally broke down and let him have another dog. I'm sorry about Duke and here I am giving you a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry. I had a dog that had seizures and had a bad one so the vet induced a coma and when he came out of it, he was paralyzed. That's a hard thing to go through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor puppy :( I'm sorry. He was very CUTE!!! I hope all is well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know he was a special part of your family. My prayers and thoughts are with you. I know the Lord will give you the comfort you seek as a family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your dog. You get so attatched to them when you don't have kids, they are your babies. I totally know how you feel. take care!

    ReplyDelete