Friday, May 6, 2011

Finally, a Post!

Ok, so I have tried several times to post a new post on this blog over the last month. For some reason, our desktop computer hasn't been wanting to connect with the internet (may have something to do with not actually having internet to connect with) and our laptop (complete with wireless internet) doesn't want to download any pictures. So I finally decided that I would write up a post sans pictures. (Slightly more boring, but a post nonetheless).

So, what has been happening in our little world?
Paityn is, of course, growing bigger and smarter everyday. For Easter we went to the Living Planet Aquarium where we learned that she loves to watch penguins swim around and play tag, learned that she didn't really care about the tiny little frogs that she couldn't really see, and we learned that she loves watching fish swim. That last one wasn't really a surprise. Although she loves to read books, she likes going to the library more to see the fishies than getting the books (that's actually the reason we thought she'd like to go to the Living Planet Aquarium).
After the aquarium, we went to grandma's house and did an Easter Egg hunt. She had a lot of fun and found lots of eggs with money in it. Her favorite find was the bottle of bubbles in her Easter basket, though. That girl loves bubbles!

Paityn talks non-stop now....well, at least at home. In front of strangers, or when we are first at someone's house, she is kinda shy about talking. But she turns most things into a phone and chatters away on it. She says LOTS of words now. And I will admit, that as much as I love the baby-stage it is so much easier when she can communicate to me what her needs and wants are. She has started wanting to sit on the potty. I see this as a good sign. She has yet to actually do anything in the potty, but I think that sitting on it is a pretty good start.

Mark's business is growing by leaps and bounds! I have no idea what the future holds for us but I like where it is going. He works a lot, but I think that I may finally be getting my "sugar daddy." :) I'm half-kidding. But I do like it, because we are getting to the point where I don't feel guilty if I don't work 36-40 hours in a week.

Let's see, what else is going on in our life?

Oh yeah! Have I mentioned that I'm pregnant?!?! I know, we didn't think we could either. But apparently, doctors don't know everything! I am now 20 weeks along and we are having a boy! We are pretty excited about it. Though, truth be told, I think that we are still kind of in denial about the whole thing. Everytime I go in for a doctor appointment and see a little baby in there I just can't believe it! It just goes to prove that Heavenly Father knows us WAAAAY better than we know ourselves. If we had known that there was a possibility of getting pregnant, we would never have gone the adoption route. And Paityn is, without a shadow of a doubt, supposed to be part of our family.

We are very excited about the changes that are happening in our lives right now. I can't wait to see what the future holds! Until next time (hopefully with pictures)!

No comments:

Post a Comment